A Ribbon Cutting ceremony is a great opportunity to recognize and celebrate your business and can be an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan.
A Ribbon Cutting ceremony is a great opportunity to recognize and celebrate your business and can be an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan. It offers an opportunity to meet key leaders in the community and get acquainted with your neighbors and other RAMAC members.
RAMAC can help your business celebrate with a Ribbon Cutting ceremony. Your event may include an open house or grand opening as well. This is YOUR event – RAMAC will simply assist with the specific ribbon cutting ceremony portion.
Your business must be a new or current RAMAC member in good standing and should meet one of the following criteria:
- A new business
- Changed ownership or under new management
- Moved to a new location
- Have been remodeled or expanded at its present location
- Celebrating a milestone anniversary
NOTE: Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting should be at a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- Work with member to secure date and time of ceremony, as needed.
- Invite dignitaries from municipalities (depending on business location – City, County, Mount Pleasant, Caledonia, Sturtevant).
- Create an agenda.
- RAMAC will use its website calendar, membership list(s) and social media to promote the event as best we can depending on timing, etc.
- The RAMAC President/CEO, or designee, will serve as ‘master of ceremonies’ to keep the ceremony on schedule.
- Provide the oversized scissors and red ribbon (if needed). You may provide your own ribbon if you have a specific color theme, etc.
- RAMAC will take a few photos during the ceremony and post on social media.
- Include a photo acknowledgment of your ribbon cutting in the RAMAC Voice printed publication.
- Identify event coordinator if doing a larger open house, grand opening or event.
- Confirm date, time and location of event with RAMAC.
- Confirm speakers from your business who will want to be included on the ribbon cutting ceremony agenda.
- Determine who will cut the ribbon and who should be in photos.
- Develop a flyer for promotion of event or use social media.
- Internally promote event to clients and other guests to supplement RAMAC promotion.
NOTE: We strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your event. You should not rely solely on RAMAC to attract your audience.
- If desired, submit press release to the media about the ribbon cutting.
- This is YOUR event! RAMAC can simply assist with the ribbon cutting ceremony portion.
Who should you invite?
- Neighboring businesses
- Existing customers
- Prospective customers
- Suppliers to your trade
- Personal family and friends
- Others that helped you achieve your success – accountant, attorney, banker, etc.
Event detail ideas
- Choose a color theme – corporate colors
- Purchase a ribbon in that color for the ribbon cutting specifically (or RAMAC will provide a red ribbon)
- Secure a photographer for the entire event – post photos prominently after event and/or on social media
- Include tours of your facility
- Are you serving food? Provide snacks and/or beverages
- Give out gifts or promotional items to guests
- Give out certificates or coupons
- Have a drawing
- Provide brochures, business cards, etc.